Hobbs Funeral Home is seeking a licensed Funeral Director to join our highly skilled staff. This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to be a part of a privately owned and operated 3rd generation funeral home & Cremation Service that has been dedicated to serving families since 1941.
Headquartered in South Portland, Maine our tag line reads: "A family caring for families", and we truly believe that is our calling. During a time of need, we believe everyone deserves the most caring service and attention to detail.
Hobbs Funeral Home is a company that is growing, dynamic, innovative, and focused completely on providing families with the highest quality funeral services. We offer growth potential, a professional and supportive work environment and competitive salary.
What is Required:
- The funeral director is responsible for handling the final arrangements in a professional, caring manner consistent with the wishes of the family and the standards.
- Will handle all aspects of conducting funeral services, associated paperwork, meeting with families, burials, ship/drive outs and pre-need sales.
- Must be licensed in or willing to obtain a Funeral Director's License in Maine.
- Will share in week and weekend on-call duties.
- Capable of embalming, dressing, Casketing, Cosmetics Etc.
- Ability to process the necessary paperwork/documentation (Example - Embalming report).
- Ability to lead/direct staff when necessary to perform a high-quality funeral.
- Evaluate premises before services and visiting hours.
- The Funeral Director in charge of the funeral service must help the family set up and ensure the family is taken care of during visiting hours.
- Monitor A/R Report- Responsible for follow up with family.
- All Funeral Directors should be used to walking through the funeral home to make sure everything looks neat and tidy, especially if we are slow, on a regular basis Maintain inventory (Prep Room, Showroom etc.) Monitor prep room cleanliness - Each team cleans prep room top to bottom on Wednesday when shift changes.
- Make sure prep room is compliant with the state.
- Able to perform body transfers. (Knowledge and physical ability) Strong customer service, compassion and caring.
Our salaries are competitive and reflective of experience, licensing and the interview process.
- Health & Dental Insurance paid by Hobbs Funeral Home - Dependents are the responsibility of employee.
- One extra Week Pay - Yearly
- Opportunity for advancement
- Profit Sharing Plan
- Paid Vacation: Starts at two weeks, 3 weeks at 5 years (not retroactive - Prorated based on start date
Hobbs Funeral Home an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, or any protected category prohibited by local, state, or federal laws
Our highly trained staff will make appropriate, meaningful arrangements for every religious background and our philosophy is to guide families in a caring, understanding, and personalized way
Our philosophy is simple: We treat everyone with fairness, dignity, kindness and respect.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $40,981.00 - $85,431.00 per year
Paid time off
8 hour shift
Microsoft Office: 1 year (Preferred)
Funeral directing: 1 year (Required)
Driver's License (Required)
Funeral Director License (Required)
Work Location: Multiple Locations
Contact Name: Randall Hobbs
Funeral Home: Hobbs Funeral Home
Position Title: Funeral Director